Posted on December 20, 2021
We are very pleased to share that we have appointed a local doctor as the Doctors’ Health NT Medical Director. We warmly welcome Dr Bronwyn Carson, GP and former Director of Training at NTGPE, to our team. Bronwyn will be working a few hours a week, establishing more local supports and linking in more broadly with other resources for the NT.
Message from Dr Bronwyn Carson & Doctors for Doctors Training 2022
I am very happy to be able to step into the role of Medical Director for the Doctors’ Health NT program. Whilst there is much to do, the Christmas break is almost here and I truly wish to encourage Territory docs to take a break sometime during December and January – see family, get out in the bush, use a Territory voucher, or even just stay home and do something that isn’t medicine. 2022 is looking a lot like 2021, with further challenges in treating people suffering from COVID and coordinating the vaccine booster program, so having planned time out from the demands of our jobs will be really important.
One of the first activities I am working on is hosting a Doctors for Doctors (D4D) training day on 5 March 2022. If you have ever seen the name of a colleague on your consultation list and felt anxious about how the consultation will go? Come along to our training day in March and find out what other doctors want in a doctor-doctor consultation, the things that are most often left out and the reasons that doctors tend to not seek timely medical help. More details are to come, and we expect to open registrations in mid-January.
On behalf of the Doctors’ Health NT team – we wish you a safe, healthy and ‘a little time for you’ festive season.
Dr Bronwyn Carson, Medical Director
Doctors’ health services around Australia support doctors. There are several supports that all Northern Territory doctors can connect to:
- Doctors’ Health NT – 24/7 doctors for doctors’ support phone line – 8366 0250
- National counselling/mental health service for doctors’ only – 1300 DR4DRS (374 377)
- Visit a local GP – we recognise there can be difficulty seeing a GP locally however it is important to have your own GP.
- Rural and Remote doctors: CRANA Bush Crisis Line – 1800 805 391
- Doctors Health NT website – www.doctorshealthnt.com.au
- Telehealth – appointments with Doctors’ Health SA GP – bookings details on this link http://doctorshealthnt.com.au/telemedicine
- Speak with a trusted colleague, sometimes reaching out just to talk can make a big difference.