Crisis counselling services
Doctors' Health 24/7 Support Line - 8366 0250 - answered by GPs working at Doctors' Health SA - operated by Doctors' Health SA and available to all Northern Territory medical practitioners and medical students, and concerned colleagues. For more information visit page here.
DRS4DRS 24/7 Mental Health Support Line - 1300 374 377 - answered by counsellors and psychologists. For further information about this service visit DRS4DRS webpage here.
CRANA Bush Crisis Line Toll free 24hr Telephone Counselling every day of the year - call 1800 805 391 - for ALL remote health workers/service providers and their families. Answered by psychologists.
Lifeline phone 13 11 14
Lifeline provides confidential telephone counselling. The free service:
- Is staffed by trained volunteers who are supported by professional staff
- Provides advice on relationship problems and personal wellbeing
- Helps people who may be thinking about suicide
- Is available 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Website www.lifeline.org.au
Suicide Call Back Service 24/7
Suicide Call Back Service is a nationwide service that provides 24/7 telephone, video and online professional counselling to people who are affected by suicide - phone 1300 659 46 -www.suicidecallbackservice.org...
Alcohol and drugs
Al-Anon and Alateen
Support for people affected by the alcohol problems of relatives or friends
- Telephone: (08) 8411 6171 (recorded message)
- Help line: 1300 252 666 (for the cost of a local call)
Alcoholics Anonymous (24 hr) Phone 08 89485202
- Counselling and support if you have an alcohol problem.
Alcohol and Drug Information Service (ADIS) Phone 1800 131 350
- Support for people affected by the drug problems of relatives or friends.
Families & Colleagues
Domestic Violence Helpline phone 1800 800 098
Counselling for victims of domestic violence and their concerned friends.
- Counselling for people who commit domestic violence.
- 1800 Respect support services - www.1800respect.org.au
Gambling Helpline phone 1800 060 757
Counselling, information and referral for people who are concerned about their own, or another person’s gambling.
Post-suicide StandBy Support NT
The NICRS (national indigenous critical response) service which is Indigenous focused and the Standby support service which is mainstream are available throughout the Northern Territory, and will travel to as many locations as they can. Telephone 24/7 Mobile: 0418 575 680 More information on flyer here.
Protection and safety
Victim Support Service FREE CALL in NT 1800 672 242
Counselling and information for people who have been a victim of crime.
Sexual Assault Service
- Darwin: (08) 8922 6472
- Katherine: (08) 8973 8524
- Tennant Creek: (08) 8962 4361
- Alice Springs - from 8am to 4.21pm, Monday to Friday: (08) 8955 4500
- Alice Springs - after hours: 0401 114 181
You can call Darwin and Alice Springs 24 hours a day to get help for recent incidents of sexual assault. For more information view website.
MensLine Australia phone 1300 78 99 78
A unique telephone and online support, information and referral service, helping men to deal with relationship problems in a practical and effective way.
- Available 24/7