Crisis counselling phone services
Doctors' Health SA - 24/7 Support Line 8366 0250
- Available to medical practitioners and medical students
CRANA Bush Crisis Line
Toll free 24hr Telephone Counselling every day of the year - call 1800 805 391 - for ALL remote health workers/service providers and their families.
Lifeline phone 13 11 14
Lifeline provides confidential telephone counselling. The free service:
- Is staffed by trained volunteers who are supported by professional staff
- Provides advice on relationship problems and personal wellbeing
- Helps people who may be thinking about suicide
- Is available 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Website www.lifeline.org.au
Living Hope phone 8277 4033
- Counselling for people with any type of crisis.
- Filipino, Greek and Italian interpreters can be arranged.
Alcohol and drugs
Al-Anon and Alateen
Support for people affected by the alcohol problems of relatives or friends
- Telephone: (08) 8411 6171 (recorded message)
- Help line: 1300 252 666 (for the cost of a local call)
Alcoholics Anonymous (24 hr) Phone 08 89485202
- Counselling and support if you have an alcohol problem.
Alcohol and Drug Information Service (ADIS) Phone 1800 131 350
- Support for people affected by the drug problems of relatives or friends.
Domestic Violence Helpline phone 1800 800 098
Counselling for victims of domestic violence and their concerned friends.
- Counselling for people who commit domestic violence.
- 1800 Respect support services - www.1800respect.org.au
Gambling Helpline phone 1800 060 757
Counselling, information and referral for people who are concerned about their own, or another person’s gambling.
Protection and safety
Victim Support Service FREE CALL in NT 1800 672 242
Counselling and information for people who have been a victim of crime.
Sexual Assault Service
- Darwin: (08) 8922 6472
- Katherine: (08) 8973 8524
- Tennant Creek: (08) 8962 4361
- Alice Springs - from 8am to 4.21pm, Monday to Friday: (08) 8955 4500
- Alice Springs - after hours: 0401 114 181
You can call Darwin and Alice Springs 24 hours a day to get help for recent incidents of sexual assault. For more information view website.
MensLine Australia phone 1300 78 99 78
A unique telephone and online support, information and referral service, helping men to deal with relationship problems in a practical and effective way.
- Available 24/7