Working and studying medicine can at times be a 24/7 job, so it is important that you keep in touch with other parts of your life. Perhaps you may have given up on playing guitar, writing poetry or painting landscapes. Doctors' Health NT is encouraging you to reconnect with the 'creative you'!!
There are many avenues across our community in which you can introduce a favourite past time back into your life, or it may be that you want to learn something new or discover what other talents lie beneath. We are sourcing and sharing information with you. We will continue to update this page with links to more resources and share details about creative doctors across Australia. Here is what we have found so far:
- Checkout website "Creative Doctors" a blog for medical students and graduates with a creative streak
- Did you know there is the Australian Doctors Orchestra!
- Art is Good Medicine - you can download a book which a collection of photographic images of mixed media artwork created by twenty medical students at Bond University (Qld, Australia)
- This link is an article about 5 Australian doctors who are published authors - https://www.australiandoctor.c...
- A link to the American site Medscape with a series on "7 Doctors Who Didn’t Sacrifice Their Creativity for Medicine"
- Doctors' Health SA held its inaugural "Art of Medicine" Exhibition during the South Australian annual SALA Festival in 2016, view a video on that event here. The exhibition will be held again at SALA Festival in 2018.
Are you a creative doctor? Do you have an interest you would like us to share on this page? Let us know and we can build a place and community for creative doctors to connect. Send us the details via email here.